Thursday, March 19, 2009


Felt very ill today, came home from work prepared to head to bed for some much needed rest. But felt an urge to sit down and sketch, so I did. The first image was a bit silly, bits of greenery, buds, signs of life. This was followed by what I can only describe as a view into something connective, like a web, with many "nodes" that each act as a sort of gateway. Last, two more snake-rope images, one wrapping a planet, the other in a desert landscape. I don't have an explanation for these, just draw em as I see em.

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm -- have you seen pictures of the so-called "Martian tubes"? Because you seem to be drawing them with some accuracy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one in the desert looks like the vertebrae of a dead animal, maybe a snake. The one around the planet looks like a Chtulhu tentacle. Both good images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a digital illustrator do a rendition of something like this for my book on Mars anomalies. Great images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - yes this does look like the glass tubes. I have seen photos of those (though I was personally convinced they were geological anomalies). Interesting what percolates up from subconscious memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes - I'm chiming in on the Mars tubes. Mac it the person to ask about this, but its the first thing I thought...

    peace,
    M!

    ReplyDelete

© 2009 - 2015 Karen Totten. All rights reserved.